July 26, 2005

The World's Ugliest Dog?

I love snopes.com. It's a great source for information on urban legends or lists of "facts" you get from forwarded emails. While browsing there, I came across a post about the winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition. It seems that this dog has won for three consecutive years. Judging by the picture on the web page, no one has to bribe the judges to win that crown. Don't worry, I'll get to the picture in a minute.

A few reactions to the picture in my household:

"That's not alive!"

"I can't stop looking at it."

"I think it's a mummy."

"I didn't think it would be that hideous. I thought they were exaggerating, because nothing is that ugly."

"How could anyone love that?"

Are you ready?

Remember, there are some things that you see, and you can't unsee them.

When it haunts your dreams, don't say I didn't warn you.

Click here for the hideous beastie.

8 comments:

pagan_mystic said...

Good Goddess, that's one scary looking dog. I hope he has a good personality because otherwise I don't see how anyone could stand waking up with that in their bed, room, or house every day for 14 years!

Anonymous said...

You know, it kinda looks like a gremlin....

Craig said...

You're right! That's not a dog. It's Stripe!

Wait a minute...I think I know you.

Becki said...

Minion feels so much better about her jiggly back now.

Herge Smith said...

But does the dog have an inner beauty??

...'cause let's face it, if it doesn't it's fucked.

Mind you it is 14 which by my rough calculation is (is it 8 doggie years to a human year?) approximately 112. That is kinda old.

M said...

That is one nasty ugly gawg!

Becki said...

Oh.My.God.

Are you sure that was a dog?

Litany said...

Picture no workie. I'll take your word for it though.