July 13, 2005

Sign That I Am A Nerd #509

I was getting ready to go to work this morning and during a commercial break from our local newscast, an ad for gum came on. The ad was for Hubba Bubba Max cherry-lemonade flavored gum and involved an animated polar bear telling us about the wonders of the new flavor of gum. As he spoke, there were two penguins behind him looking at (and eventually getting their tongues frozen to) the North Pole.

I almost immediately exclaimed, "What are those penguins doing there? They're at the wrong pole. There aren't any penguins north of the Equator. They all live in the Southern Hemisphere."

So, the bear can talk and chew gum, but the penguins can't be at the North Pole. I'm such a dork.


Until later...

4 comments:

Herge Smith said...

Is it possible they were on holiday there? Had you thought of that?

Becki said...

S'ok. Dorks are hot remember.

Matt said...

Shhh... I officially left work early, feigning sick, so I could come home and finish that book. Who's the nerd now?

Craig said...

Herge, I hadn't really thought of that, but I just have a hard time believing that penguins would go on vacation from the South Pole to go see the North Pole. Shouldn't they go someplace warm? I'd buy the holiday excuse if the penguins were in Hawaii or Cancun, but not the Arctic Circle.

IL, that doesn't make you a nerd as much as it makes you a slacker. And by finishing that book, I hope you are talking about The Historian, because you're being a slacker on that too.