July 19, 2005

Trivial Tuesday

Back to movies once again for this week's question. In fact, let's go with classic films and an actress for whom there is no modern day equivalent.

Audrey Hepburn played one of her most famous characters in the 1961 film, Breakfast at Tiffany's. One of her most famous roles, but off the top of my head I would say that I prefer My Fair Lady (later remade-ish with Freddie Prinze, Jr. and it doesn't really matter because everyone changes the channel as soon as they see Freddie Prinze, Jr.), Sabrina (later remade with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond) and Charade (later remade with Marky Mark-sans Funky Bunch-and Thandie Newton), and I haven't even seen Roman Holiday (no, I'm not proud, but it's the truth). Anyway, my feelings aside, the role of Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's is considered by many to be one of, if not the defining role of Hepburn's career. However, Holly Golightly was not the actual name of her character in this movie. What was Holly's real name?

Post the answer in comments section, then point and laugh at the other contestants.

Update: Congratulations to Invisible Lizard, who can't simply be stopped, even when he's traveling. Holly Golightly was indeed a pseudonym for Lula Mae Barnes.

8 comments:

Matt said...

I've got to go with Lula Mae Barnes on this one.

Laziest Girl said...

Well my cunning friends - I'll see your Lula Mae and raise you one - what was the name of Paul Varjak's book in the film?

Craig said...

Hmm...wait it's a triva question on my blog, so I can't answer it. Then again, I didn't ask it, so maybe I can. I'm quite confused now.

Are you sure you only raised us one rather than nine?

Herge Smith said...

Bah! these questions are too hard.

Can't you ask some easy ones about Star Wars or such like?

Craig said...

I try to make them at least somewhat difficult (though certain people never seem to have any problems, not matter how difficult I think it is), but not too hard.

As for Star Wars, I'm not making any promises, but I'll see if I can come up with something by next Tuesday.

Becki said...

I swear I'm still going to follow through with making a trivia blog. And I'm counting on CK to be my mentor.

Laziest Girl said...

Ok CK (aka Mr Smarty Pants). Where did Paul get the ring that they had engraved at Tiffany's? Huh, huh, go on, I dare you.

Craig said...

OK Laziest, I have to admit that I have no idea on that one.