May 30, 2005

Seven Years

Today is our seventh wedding anniversary. I sometimes find it hard to believe that we've been married for that long. I find it even harder to believe that MK's managed to put up with me for that long. The thought of spending that much time with me fills me with dread. I can only imagine what it's like for anyone else. Somehow she's managed to deal with all of my insecurities, neuroses and just plain stupidity, and has not yet gone insane or tried to collect on my work-provided life insurance policy.

When it comes to things of actual importance, I can express my thoughts no better on my blog than I can in real life, so I'm left at a loss for how to say what I really mean. Do I say thank you, for what is so far beyond the scope of the normal phrase? Should I say "I love you", when that has become an overused and rarely meant cliche in our society? Maybe the way to say it best is that I hope when it's been fifty years, I'm still here trying just as hard to find a way to say exactly how I feel because there are still no words that mean enough.

I'm still kind of surprised about the life-insurance thing though. Getting money and not having to deal with me anymore: That's the definition of a win-win situation.

Ok, that's about 10 times more of my personal life than I like to have on this blog, so I don't think you have to worry about me becoming too sappy all the time. I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled nerdish ramblings, pop culture references and generalized idiocy.

Until later...

No comments: