May 02, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

We're rapidly approaching the release date of X-Men 3. You probably remember who the X-Men were in the first two movies, but how good is your knowledge of the X-Men from the comics? For example, can you name the original 5 X-Men from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters?

If you can, post them in the comments section and win bragging rights for the week.

Want to impress everyone even more, name the X-Men who would become the new team (and rescue the old team) in Giant-Size X-Men #1.

Ok, so it's lunchtime on Wednesday, and it appears maybe this question needs some hints. So far we have had Scott Summers/Cyclops and Jean Grey/Marvel Girl named. (Esther also mentioned professor Charles Xavier, but I wasn't including him in the list of five since he ran the school and formed the X-Men.) How about some hints?

1. Scott Summers/Cyclops answered by Invisible Lizard
2. Jean Grey/Marvel Girl answered by Invisible Lizard
3. A Blue Guy (was in X2...sort of) Beast/Hank McCoy answered by Thordora
4. Making his first appearance in the X-Men movies this year. Angel/Warren Worthington answered by Thordora
5. A cold sort of fellow who appeared in X2 as a youngster who had "tried not being a mutant." Iceman/Bobby Drake answered by Esther

Let's see if this helps.

Congratulations to all who answered this question. (See above for answers and winners.)

6 comments:

Matt said...

I didn't get into comics until the 80's when they were called The Uncanny X-Men, so I could only guess at this answer. Looking it up on Wikipedia, I see I was mostly wrong. The only original members I guessed correctly were Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

Esther said...

I was going to guess Professor Xavier, Magneto, Scott, Jean, and Storm. Though there's also Wolverine in there. You think I'd know since my brothers had so many of them, but I wasn't allowed to read any of the comics.

Esther said...

Iceman? Or what about Alan Cumming - he was that Nightcrawler guy.

Craig said...

Esther, yes Iceman was one of the originals. Nightcrawler: wrong blue guy. The one that was one of the original 5 was only in X2 for a moment and he wasn't blue...yet.

thordora said...

jesus....Beast and I cannot remember for the life of me the other guy....how embaressing...

I can even see the lame-o costumes...shit, was it Angel?(who i HATE for being in X3 btw)

Esther said...

Damnit! I can't remember anyone else. I'm assuming Pyro wasn't an original.