May 17, 2006

Stunted Mental Growth

I was at the grocery store the other day and a representative from a juice company was giving out samples of their various drinks. Intrigued, I decided to see what they had to offer. He explained the various combinations of fruit juices available, and I decided on sampling a mango mixture labeled as "C Boost."

It was very enjoyable and as I conversed with him for a bit longer, he began telling me about the health benefits of the drink. "It has 1200% of your daily Vitamin C in one serving, which means it's great for your immune system."

Unfortunately, this isn't the direction my brain went. "It has 1200% of your daily Vitamin C in one serving which means..." At this point my brain interrupted and interjected, "that your pee will be 1980's day-glo yellow?"

It's times like these that make me wonder when I'm going to grow up.

Until later...

3 comments:

Esther said...

See, now I would just think "why do you need something that 1200%? Isn't 100% all you need in a day?

pagan_mystic said...

My dad actually has a fast growing cataract in his left eye that can be slowed by 1200% RDA of vitamin C. I'll have to suggest that juice to him even though the idea of it gives me hives (I have low tolerance to vitamin C).

Anonymous said...

HA! Please tell me you actually SAID that to him!