August 24, 2005

Who Are These Guys?

Looking through statcounter recently, I found that there were several people visiting that I had absolutely no idea who they were. I'm not talking about people who search for information about the Burger King/Fantastic Four Amazon.com cards, then never come back again. These are all people who show up as repeat visitors.

Because of this, I'm declaring today Welcome Wednesday. If you are new here, or if you have never commented, welcome to the Fount. If you are one of these people, feel free to comment so we know who you are. Or if you are too shy to comment, just drop me an email.

So that you know whether I'm talking about you, here are the locations for people who have been visiting, but have never introduced themselves. (Statcounter gives more info than this, but I don't feel like it's ok to publish any more than the location.) Are you one of these lurkers?

  • Green Bay, WI
  • Mechanicsville, VA One down.
  • Rantoul, IL: Found this one too! This one really perplexes me. I used to live in this town, and it has a population of less than 20K. To the best of my knowledge no one I know there is aware of this blog.
  • Cincinnati, OH (Ohio State University)
  • St. Martinville, LA
  • Nixa, MO Another lurker stopped in to say hi.

Don't worry, even if you don't introduce yourself, you are still welcome.


On a side note, I miss our old Wright State University lurker. He/She was around for a while, but has recently stopped visiting. I must have become too boring. (We found this one too. Apparently, I didn't become too boring; I'm just too long-winded.)


Until later...

13 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Holy Crap! This is exactly what my post for tomorrow is about, dammit.

Craig said...

Ah ha! It seems great minds must think alike.

Craig said...

Dr. Max, welcome.

The Sweetheart, welcome to you as well. I just checked statcounter. You show up as Mechanicsville instead of Richmond, so you're on this list up there. :)

Anonymous said...

Just came across you today. Hello from Parker, Colorado!

granola girl said...

I've been lurking for a bit (not sure if I've posted before), and you didn't list me either! Granola here from Utah, via Laziest Girl.

Tiffany said...

Another unlisted blurker. Sigh.

Found you through JA's blog - good stuff!

Tiffany, from Nashville

Craig said...

Ok, a bit of clarification and confession about the listing of lurkers:

Statcounter is free and only keeps info on the last 100 hits. I average about 100 page loads per day. This means that if you didn't happen to visit during the 3 or 4 days where I was preparing this, I would have missed you while making the list. It's nothing personal; it's just the limits of statcounter and your humble blog owner.

On that note:

Hi Nanc'. I'm glad you came to visit and hope you come back.

Granola: I think it's funny that someone in the US had to go through Australia to find my site. Of course, that's how I found yours as well.

Tiffany, Glad to have you here. I have to admit that I originally thought the hits from Nashville were someone else. I'm always glad to have traffic from James; though I imagine most people are disappointed in the severe drop in intelligence after coming from Malibu Librarian and ending up here.

Anonymous said...

I've been lurking a while, from Indianapolis/Carmel, IN. I think I found you from D's blog. But I don't remember how I found his.

Joi, who else? said...

Hello there from close to Nixa MO. I think I must have linked in here from someone else's blog. I am new to blogging and I am addicted. I thought I saw a Hi Nixa before and I thought it was odd. Now I know. LOL

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I got a whole special note about myself! (I'm from Wright State University) Yeah, I don't come around as much because your posts are too long and I'm too lazy to read that much. Hehe.

Craig said...

Welcome to Uncredited, Joi, and Jessi.

Jessi, I'm glad I figured out who the Wright State person is (though you aren't showing up that way on statcounter now), but I'm not sure how I feel about you going from lurker to telling me I'm long-winded all at once. :)

Anita said...

Hi. I find you from time to time and then I forget where you are. (I saw you play Match Game at heyfreak today.) So, now I might become a lurker here. We'll see. I think I need to and you to my blogroll.

I have the same question with my readers and I didn't know if it was okay to out them. Now you've blazed that trail for me. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey all. Rantoul lurker here. How surprised am I to see me listed up there? Had to blink my eyes. Twice. Linked here from WilWheaton.net seems like forever ago and have been hooked ever since. Not really a blogger. Can't stand that word, actually, as words go-Blog. It's just weird sounding. But I am kinda enjoying getting to know some interesting people.