August 09, 2005

Trivial Tuesday

A very vaguely Star Wars related question tonight.

In one episode of The Simpsons, Mark Hamill makes a guest appearance at dinner theater performing Guys and Dolls ("Luke be a Jedi, tonight. Do it for Yoda, while we serve our guests soda. Luke be a Jedi, tonight.") and trying to tell everyone about Sprint. What was the entree for dinner theater that night? (Hint: It was his face up there next to it.)

Read the rules. Play the game. Win nothing. It's great fun.

Update: Congratulations to CrystalPistol for knowing that it was indeed pepper steak, as was revealed in this exchange:

Mark Hamill: Hey, pal, that's my face up there next to the pepper steak, and don't you forget it.
Louie: You're all talk, Hamill. You never even finished Jedi school.

Also kudos to Invisible Lizard for getting the secondary question I posted in the comments. It was indeed I Will Always Love You (the Whitney Houston version, not Dolly Parton) that played as Homer carried Hamill through the crowd, kicking fans as he went.



Until later...

13 comments:

Herge Smith said...

Dang it!! I saw this episode really recently.

Bugger! Damn! Arse!!!!

Was it something Vulcany?

Matt said...

Well, I just got home from Irving, and I didn't know the answer. But I looked it up. Now I can't remember if you prohibit googling here or not. So I'll not give it away.

Craig said...

Let's check the rules. Nope, no prohibitions on googling. It's up to you to decide if you want to answer on your own or seek outside help.

roya parsay said...

interesting!

Kurt said...

I realize it will probably get deleted, but I like the guy's comment above mine because the URL of the address he provided uses money as a verb.

You can't verb a noun!

I moneyed all over the ATM the other day, it was both awesome and erotic.

This random comment has been brought to you by me!

MoMo said...

I have no idea as to the answer to that question - but it being the best TV show ever, i approve of the last commenter's comment. I'm gonna think about it.
Glad Herge pointed me this way!

P.S. Are ya gonna tell us the ansa?

Herge Smith said...

CK, can I point out that I didn't send this bastard spam comments your way, just Cali and a few others (hopefully)

Matt said...

I'm still laughing at Kurt's statement about not being able to "verb" a noun. Was that intentional irony, I wonder?

thordora said...

I can't remember either, and I KNOW I watched it recently as well...

cockknockers.....

that name again, it's Mr. Plow, moneying all over Springfield!

Becki said...

Le sigh. All I can remember is that they were going to make strawberry shortcake.

Craig said...

Perhaps I should have gone with something easier like: "What song plays as Homer carries Mark Hamill through the crowd of autograph seekers at the end of the episode?"

If no one answers the original question by the time I get home tonight, I'll post the correct answer.

Matt said...

Whitney Houston's rendition of "I Will Always Love You"

MC Etcher said...

Wow, I knew one for once, and I showed up too late. I'm gonna have to start visiting on Tuesday eve's.