August 18, 2005

Lunch With MK and Fashion Maven

Today, MK and I went out for lunch with my coworker and friend, Fashion Maven. We went to a little pizza place near work that has a fairly nice buffet. I soon realized that I should never leave the two of them alone, since by the time I got back to the table with my salad, they were deep in conversation. I claimed they were mocking me, they both protested that they were not mocking, just discussing. Riiiight.

Mercifully, the conversation turned away from my idiosyncrasies and to other subjects. At one point we were discussing the differences in climate from one part of the building FM and I work in to another. She says that her office is always cold, while I say mine is always warm. This probably has less to do with actual temperature variations and more to do with my extra insulation. The conversation about being cold, sparked a new line of thought for MK, who looked across the table at Fashion Maven and said, "Oh, speaking of cold..."

Before she could continue, Fashion Maven looked confusedly down at her chest then turned back to us, "Oh, you said speaking of cold, and I thought you were going to tell me I was nipping out. I had to check."

After we all stopped laughing and I confirmed that the Diet Mountain Dew I was drinking had not come out my nostrils (it just felt like it), MK went on to say that she was originally going to talk about the kids on Brat Camp, a show they both watch, having to sleep outside during the middle of winter. I'm sure they discussed the show, but I didn't really notice, because I still haven't stopped laughing.

Fortunately, Fashion Maven was nice enough (and not too humiliated) to allow me to retell the story.

Until later...

No comments: