August 11, 2005

Uniform Deception

On the way home this evening, MK and I stopped off for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. While we were eating, a couple of new patrons came in and were seated at a nearby table. I noticed that they were both wearing a black and white uniform with some sort of official looking badge.

When we were leaving MK, mentioned something about them being paramedics, to which I replied that I thought that they were TSA agents on break from inspecting baggage at the nearby airport. As it turns out, we were both wrong.

We walked out of the restaurant and toward our car in the parking lot and there sat two black and white VW Beetles with the logo of the Geek Squad. Our paramedics/baggage inspectors were Best Buy technical support.

Until later...

3 comments:

Matt said...

That's geekdom to a whole new level. Matching uniforms and cars? Badges?

I've got a cracker-jack team of first class geeks at work, but our uniforms are jeans and any shirt with a collar. Badges? We don't need no stinking badges. But I suppose we'd take the Beetles.

Herge Smith said...

That's a pretty cool idea.

In the vein of 'just say what it is'.

I like it alot.

Becki said...

I want a badge!