August 16, 2005

Trivial Tuesday

Today is Madonna's 47th birthday (no I didn't know that, I saw it earlier today). In honor of Ms. Ciccone, we'll ask a question related to her illustrious movie career.

In the 2002 remake, Swept Away, Madonna stars as a woman shipwrecked on an island with a sailor who abuses her and with whom she falls in love. The male lead in the movie was played by an actor whose father played the same role in the original. Who is that father and originator of the role?


Don't forget to play by the rules and have fun.

Update: Invisible Lizard came by and gave us the correct answer of Giancarlo Giannini. I have to admit that this disappoints me a little. I was looking forward to needing to give out hints about how he has one of the most enjoyable names to say or by making snarky references to Keanu Reeves in A Walk in The Clouds. "Whoa, Mr. Aragon! Your vineyard is on fire, dude!" Alas, it was not to be.

Until later...

7 comments:

Matt said...

Giancarlo Giannini

Matt said...

Sorry to just blurt that out, but I knew, like, three of the four questions on that other site (just didn't get there in time), and then you had to go and post the hair band question.

Laziest Girl said...

How come you get so many spam comments CK?

Did you hear about that Russian guy, Vardan Kushnir was found dead at his home, he was beaten to death. So who's Vardan Kushnir you ask? Apparently he was described as Russia's "most prolific spammer".

I know this sounds a bit strange, but my sources are credible.

Do you think spam is karmic?

Herge Smith said...

Did invisible get it right?

Thankfully, I have no idea of the answer.

I'm certain that spam isn't karmic.

All I know is, I haven't had any yet and I'm feeling left out.

Craig said...

Yes, Invisible Lizard got it right. Some people have no patience.

Can't you let a sick man get some sleep before you start hounding him about trivia?

Becki said...

Did you know that MADONNA FELL OF HER HORSE AND BROKE ALOT OF BONES. becki called me and told me that. I don't know why I felt the need to share that with y'all.

Craig said...

I saw that on IMDB earlier. Not a good way to celebrate one's birthday.