August 22, 2005

Conscience vs. Humor: Conscience Victorious

As I was reading the copy of Everything Bad Is Good for You that I checked out from the library, I noticed that the last person to check out the book returned more than just the book itself. Approximately three-quarters of the way through the book, someone had placed and left two photographs. There were not anything spectacular, simply the type of pictures we all take: People laughing, having fun, etc.

Don't think that it didn't cross my mind to scan them and post them on here with a quasi-witty headline like, "Have you seen me?" or "Lost and Found: Photo Edition." Instead, I thought that it would be best to return the pictures to the library along with the book on the off chance that some poor soul will be looking for them and remember that they last had them when they were reading that library book and maybe they should check the lost and found.

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, why dont you bring them to the librarian and ask her to track the person who had the book before you? Then you could be a big giant hero to someone who is missing the average photo...