July 10, 2006

I Want 5 Megawatts by Mid-May

As I was surfing recently, I came across a banner ad for this site. It brought up an interesting internal debate. On one side, I don't know what the purpose is for these lasers. They can't be used as pointers, so most people on earth don't really have a use for them. On the other hand, look at them. Check out the video section that shows them burning paper, popping balloons, simulating light saber fights and lighting matches. This could fulfill all my long distance match lighting needs.

Before I get carried away, I have to ask myself, why would need a laser with a range of 120 miles? Umm...because it's cool, and it has a range of 120 miles. Now if only it weren't $2000.

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very much how we felt when someone sent us the link to the Mini Cooper desk.

Totally unecessary, yet totally cool, which makes it seem necessary, except for, like, the price tag.