June 29, 2006

Whither the Weatherman

As I checked my email and ate my waffle yesterday morning, I heard the sounds of the local news on the television behind me. When it came time for the weather report, I heard MK declare, "Ron. I've missed you."

I looked back over my shoulder with a more than slightly perplexed expression.

"What? He's been on vacation for like two weeks. You don't know what it's like without your weatherman."

Since I get my weather from websites or from simply looking out the window, I suppose she's right.

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's something weird. I'm a morning person, but not a morning TV person. I cannot watch morning television. No Today Show, no GMA, no Early Show (unless it has something to do with Amazing Race), no news.

In past years, I used to be a crap tv and soap opera addict during my summers, and so my tv-watching would commence around 10:00 with the start of "Springer" and "Maury." Then lunch. Followed by "Port Charles." "All My Children," "As The World Turns" and "General Hospital" would round out my afternoon, followed by some chores and activities around the house. I didn't (and still don't) watch much TV at night in the summer.

Since my internet addiction took hold, my summer daytime tv has been curbed tremendously, and I actually read the news!