June 06, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

It's Tuesday and therefore time for trivia once again. Since I had fire extinguisher training recently, I'll use that as inspiration. Most fires are broken up into four main classes: A, B, C and D. Class D fires are flammable metals, which will serve as our category today.

What flammable metal used in some fireworks and flares has a common mineral form that shares a similar name and pronounciation with a 1975 blaxploitation film featuring a kung-fu fighting pimp?

The usual rules apply. Remember, the race goes not to the swift, but to the swift and correct.

Update: Congrats to MC Etcher, the first to say that it was magnesium. Also congrats go out to Many Manifestos for giving us dolomite, the connection between a mineral form of magnesium and a movie about a pimp (the mineral is dolomite, the movie is Dolemite).

4 comments:

Matt said...

Not a clue, but I'm curious enough to Google it to find out.

Anita said...

Does it count if we have to google it? Because I did and I have an answer. But I never would have known had I not looked. In my defense, it took a fair amount of effort so do we get points for the investigative effort?!

MC Etcher said...

Must be that uber-pimp known as Magnesium Superfly Jones

Many Manifestos said...

Geology nerd check in.

The answer is dolomite. The above is kinda right since dolomite does have magnesium in its chemical composition.