June 28, 2006

Flame On!

I got a new grill recently. Now I can cook large amounts of food outside over hot coals. I feel like I should speak mostly in gestures with a few guttural sounds and call myself something like Grog or maybe Thag Simmons.

New Grill1

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go char some carcass.2


1. Note the reflection of our trash can in the garage window. I should be a professional photographer.
2. Apologies to any vegetarians or vegans reading. It just wouldn't sound the same if I were to say "sear some soy" or "flame some fruit" or "apply extremely high direct heat to vegetables for a short period of time."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No apologies necessary. If you had said "flame some fruit" I would have assumed you were bashing Tom Cruise again.

(Apologies to fruits. But not to Tom Cruise.)

Laziest Girl said...

Sorry, I realise that this might sound stupid, but do you just put the coals in the boxy bit and put the food on a rack over the coals to cook it?

Anonymous said...

Good ol' Thag. I knew he was a Far Side regular, but I didn't remember that he had a last name.

My fave cave Far Side?

"Say, look what Thag do."

(I'll explain it if you want, but you probably know it just from that line. You know, like "Cat fud")

Craig said...

Danielle, Unfortunately, I couldn't fit Tom Cruise on the grill. He's small, ut not that small.

Laziest, basically yes that's how it works. There are grates above where the coals go. Also, the crank looking thing on the front raises and lowers the coals to increase or decrease the heat.

Mikey, Is that when Tag invented the very early ancestor of the Ronco Showtime Rotissere?

Agent 31 said...

Excellent Thag Simmons reference.

Anonymous said...

The strip I was talking about had a bunch of cavemen holding their meat (settle down now) over a fire, and they've all got these pained looks on their faces. In the background is a caveman with his meat on a stick above the fire.

"Say. Look what Thag do."