November 08, 2005

Round The Old Oak Tree

It seems that just about everything has a ribbon now. I've seen them for almost every cause from supporting troop to breast cancer to AIDS awareness to jock itch. The giant magnetic ribbons that you put on your car are simply everywhere now.

I was at the grocery store a couple days ago and saw a truck parked a few places away from me with a ribbon that wasn't quite like any other I had seen. As I walked past on my way into the store, I found myself wishing I had brought my camera because the ribbon the side of the truck said, "I Like Ribbons." I laughed and figured that was an amusing one time occurrence of finding someone else who is getting sick of this fad.

Then a link to this site was emailed to me today. A place where I can create my own ribbon magnet! How brilliant is that? I'm having much more fun than I should making my very own. Soon you'll see me driving around town with ribbons all over my car like this one or this one. Ok fine, maybe I'm not really buying them and maybe I still think they are tacky and won't put any on my car, but I can only hope that the open mocking of the magnet ribbons is indicating the coming end of this hideous fad.

Until later...

1 comment:

thordora said...

I want a PMS ribbon...between the ribbons and those fricken bracelets......as a friend said, "oooh! I canre so much that I gave 2.00 for this bracelet, and now I'm as cool as Bono!"

argh