November 02, 2005

Home Again, Home Again

After a very long, very unpleasant day of traveling yesterday, we arrived home just as the clock in our house stuck midnight.

On our way down to the Albuquerque airport, we stopped for breakfast at the Tecolote Cafe in Santa Fe. They have an absolutely wonderful breakfast burrito, smothered in green chile. Now I understand why MK's dad says they stop there for breakfast anytime they have to go to Albuquerque. Plus, I got this shirt there.



Yep, I'm still a dork.

A few more thoughts on the trip home:

It really makes me upset that airlines will make a mistake, but not try to make it up to you. Instead, they will make you fly standby. If we had wanted to fly standby, our tickets would not have been purchased months in advance. Somehow, the airlines wonder why they are all on the verge of going bankrupt. Let me give you a hint...It's because we all hate you. If there were any better way to get from point A to point B, most people would take it, because there are so many problems with the industry right now. That's as much as I am going to rant about this now, but it may come up again.

Something needs to be done about parking at O'Hare. I'm honestly surprised that the signs telling you the prices for long-term parking do not say "Pound of Flesh" or "First Born Child." I was upset about this to begin with, but then saw that there were multiple lots around the airport in Albuquerque advertising prices under $2.00 a day for stays of 7 or more days. I realize that I comparing things that aren't really equivalent, but I'm annoyed...let me gripe. When we made it back to Chicago last night, I actually had to give them all the cash I had plus two pints of blood to get my car out of the lot.

On the ticket for parking at O'Hare, it stated that a lost ticket would be charged at full rate of a 24 hour stay. Remind me again why I didn't "accidentally" lose it while on this trip. Oh yeah, because that's not who I am. Honesty can be expensive.

The worst part about the long day of travel is that once we made it back to Chicago, we still had about three hours of driving to go. I probably would not have bothered to get up until very late today, if at all, except that we needed to go pick up Booker from the dog resort where he spent his vacation. Apparently, the beast is glad to be home too.


Until later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are home too. Why do you like fashion maven more than me? Where are my pictures of llamas?

Herge Smith said...

Bless Booker - back home with the loved ones.

Dog resort? That's a rather fancy schmancy term for kennel.

Anonymous said...

Came to your blog from The Letter D. Just wanted to say hi. Love the pictures!