November 07, 2005

I Hate To Let Down My Readers

I checked my email earlier this evening, only to find the following comment waiting in my inbox:

"michaelsean said...

I was hoping you has watched Category 7 and included your sagely wisdom upon it. Alas."

After the wonder that was Locusts (the inspiration for a running diary and the source of a great many hits), I began contemplating a running diary of Category 7 as soon as I saw the first commercial. In fact, it was the subject of great debate in my house since we returned home from vacation. I was tired, had no desire to watch it and didn't feel like I had the energy to write about it. MK, on the other hand, felt it was a once in a lifetime (or maybe six-month time frame) chance. The first hurdle was schedule; fortunately, it didn't conflict with the Simpsons. I could handle missing most shows for this, but not the Treehouse of Horror. I began thinking about it more and pretty much became convinced that it was a good idea until I read the synopsis on TV Guide. It had four words that changed everything: "Part one of two." It was one thing to suffer through it while not feeling too inspired, but I just couldn't commit to doing it two weeks (and I certainly couldn't stop halfway through). So the final decision was made to skip Category 7 and hope no one would notice.

So, Michael Sean (and anyone else who hoped for a skewering of really bad TV movies), sorry for letting you down. If it makes you feel any better, as soon as I told MK about the comment, she said, "See, I told you that you needed to blog about it." Now, I've not only let my readers down, I have to admit she was right, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Until later...

Don't forget to add yourself to the map.

No comments: