November 18, 2005

It's Been A Long Time, I Shouldn't Have Left You...

...without a good post to amuse you.

I realized that I really haven't posted anything since last Saturday. Sure I posted a trivia question, but that doesn't really count. Other than that, I posted a quick two line thing about Progressive Car Insurance. My last real post was the list of recent searches.

I suppose I could have posted more of those. I could make fun of people who are trying to find information about Star Wars Battlefront, but type "Star Wars Battle Fount" and end up here. I could point out that people wanted to know "random facts about boys", and tell them to go ask their mother. I could even say that someone must have been very confused when looking for "a way to impress your feelings when someone dies." (Dude, if you're out there reading this, (1) you probably meant repress not impress and (2) get help, that's not healthy.)

But I won't. I just don't have the motivation to do much of anything here.

Go, Go Gadget Apathy!

Seriously, I'm running low on ideas and motivation, so you're not getting much here beyond a few random thoughts. Sorry. (Feel free to email with ideas, preferably with fully written posts that I can plagiarize, for future topics)

-I'm sick of winter already. It snowed for the first time a couple days ago, and I'm ready for Spring.

-What's the deal with franchising television shows? We have 8 Law & Orders and 6 CSI's. If this continues, I'm writing a pilot for CSI:Cheyenne complete with Christopher Walken as the sheriff investigating cattle mutilations, and chicken stealing.

-It's deer hunting season here. Actually, it's one of the deer hunting seasons here. I've never gone deer hunting, so I'm not really clear on the concept of why we have multiple seasons. We have bow hunting season, followed by muzzle loader season, followed by rifle hunting. It seems almost as if we are helping with natural selection. First, kill the really stupid and slow, then less stupid and less slow, then just the average ones. Finally, all that's left are the much faster and much more intelligent deer. Chuck Darwin would be proud. The one that really gets me is the muzzle loader season. Is this for people who sit around thinking, "I wonder how much fun it would have been to hunt a deer during the Civil War?" Next, we'll have a club hunting season, where you have to sneak up behind the deer and bash it over the head, Unfrozen Caveman Hunter style. (Did that work? It was either Unfrozen Caveman Hunter or Captain Caaaavemaaan...and son.)

-The new Harry Potter movie starts today. This means that we'll have a whole new round of hysteria over the whole thing. The last time one of these movies came out, we went to see it and saw all sorts of people (children and adults) dressed up like characters. Is this a phenomenon that started with Star Wars and Star Trek? I just have a hard time imagining people fifty years ago getting dressed up as Nathan Detroit and Sky Masterson to go see Guys and Dolls.

-The most depressing "people dressed up for a movie" incident was when we went to the theater and saw a group of late teen or early twenties guys dressed in civil war regalia to go see Gods and Generals. At least they didn't have to worry about scaring anyone else off, since they were the only people willing to pay to sit through it.

-These were supposed to be random, but I seem to focusing on one topic here. Oh well. After all that talk about dressing up for movies, I'm starting to think that maybe I should join in the fun. In case you don't recognize me, I'll be the one in the monkey suit December 16th. Unless, that is, I manage to lose a few pounds and fit into that costume for the Aeon Flux premiere.

Until later...

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

I'm probably being a big nerd here, but how about a post detailing "A Day in the Life of a Microbiologist"?

At work, that is.

Not that your home life isn't interesting too.

Really.

Anonymous said...

Dressing up for films isn't new. It dates back to "Rocky Horror" in the 1970's.
Alabamamammy

pagan_mystic said...

I confess that I have "dressed up" for every Harry Potter movie and tonight won't be any different. I support all Witch-centric movies (Bewitched, The Craft, Harry Potter, etc) by wearing Witch garb. But then I'll use any excuse to wear Witchy clothing in public ;P