November 21, 2005

Call Me Winter...Winter...Winter...

I'll introduce this post with yet another one act play from my life. Eventually, I'll put all of these together into a very boring and uninteresting screenplay which is certain to win an Oscar.

Local Weather Man: Enjoy the 40's while they last, because there's snow coming later this week.

CK: Snow again? I don't want it to snow.

MK: (Makes noncommittal noise)

CK: Why does it have to snow?

MK: Um...because we live in Michigan.

Can't someone feel sorry for me. I know I live in Michigan and it's November, but I deserve a little sympathy. If nothing else, I deserve for someone to listen to me whining without pointing out the obvious. There's a reason no one ever sang a song about dreaming of a white Thanksgiving.

Oh well, at least the snow will cover up the lawn.

Until later...

5 comments:

MC Etcher said...

I feel sorry for you CK!!

Michigan is neat in the Summer, at least!

thordora said...

I feel sorry for you. The only thing worse for me than driving thru southern Ontario was driving thru Michigan....

Laziest Girl said...

I'll feel sorry for you if you promise to feel sorry for me. Our summer is heating up now and it is going to be damn hot. I know I live in a sub tropical region, but does it have to be so hot? At least the water restrictions means that the sun kills off the grass.

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

I don't feel sorry for you, I'm jealous! I live in Texas, in the DFW area, and until last week it was in the freakin' 90s! In mid-November! Now it's in the 70s during the day. And if we are lucky, we might get to wear a sweater on Christmas Day! I love snow and wish so much we had an actual fall and real winter here. Not to mention, we have those lovely 100+ days for most of July and August, and sometimes up into September. Guess we all want what we don't have . . .

Craig said...

A few quick replies:

MC E, thank you. You're right it is much nicer in the summer, but in the winter I get to whine about it, so it all works out.

Thordora, thanks. I really didn't expect sympathy from a Canadian on the subject of winter. I've only driven trhough Southern Ontario once and it didn't seem so bad. Of course, it was May.

Laziest, the deal is struck. I'll feel sorry when you whine, and you feel sorry for me when I whine.

Gail, it's ok to be jealous of snow when it's an occasional thing. When it becomes excessive, snow is no longer fun. I understand about the heat though. I spent a many years in southern New Mexico as well. Even here this summer it was in the 90's a large portion of the time with the relative humidity somewhere between 50% and liquid air.

At any time now, I expect someone from the U.P. to drop by and tell me to quit whining about snow since they get a couple hundred inches a year.