September 22, 2005

I'm Back, Baby!

We are now officially in the new house. Even better, we now have our internet access and cable hooked up. Thank you, Charter. I didn't even miss the season premiere of Lost. (If we didn't get hooked up fast enough, I was gonna have to head back to the old house and watch it on the 13-inch TV. )

Of course, just because I'm back doesn't mean I'll be able to post too much. I have a feeling I'm going to be quite busy settling in, unpacking and working on various things around the new place. With that in mind, I'll just give a few updates on a few random things:

  1. I still only have three entries in the story contest. Please people, don't leave me hanging. Make the contest a success. Enter your story. Tell your friends. Pimp the contest out to random people on the street. Help me...help you. Help me, help you.


  2. The Jerry Maguire reference makes me think: It's very sad that Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney split after being married for only 4 months. Reportedly the reason given on the annulment paperwork is "fraud." This made me wonder: Do you think that the fraud was that she told him that she didn't always squint like that? I'm just asking.


  3. I think I'm getting sick. Probably a combination of stress, lack of sleep and running out of prescription allergy medicine all at the same time. It's not pretty.


  4. We're rapidly approaching (ok, approaching) 15,000 hits since I added Statcounter to the site. I'd say that we'd have some sort of exciting celebration when the counter reaches 15K, but I'm just too lazy to do much of anything.


  5. Cap'n Crunch for breakfast...never again. Not ever.


  6. If you haven't done so already, take a look at Trivial Tuesday and answer as many of the questions as you can. We'll make this a community exercise in useless information.


  7. I've been composing a post in my head about the pros and cons of moving and of house 1 vs. house 2, etc. With any luck and a little time, I'll get it together and post it pretty soon.


  8. Dreamworks recently announced a few movies in development in their animation studios. One film on the slate is Kung Fu Panda featuring the voice of Jack Black. I can think of a few thousand reason why this will not work and why I shouldn't go see it. Unfortunately, I can also think of one reason why I should go see it and that one reason will almost certainly outweigh the others. From the plot description: "a lazy, irreverent slacker panda, Po (Voiced by Jack Black), must somehow become a Kung Fu Master." Pandas performing Kung Fu? I'm there. How could that be bad?


  9. I need a nap...badly.


Until later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: zellweger/chesney...

the scuttlebutt is (and has been for a while now) that Chesney is gay. Zellweger unknowingly became his "beard," and now after four months... yeah, fraud.

still waiting on the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise "fraud" story to surface...

Anonymous said...

Greetings, FYI the (VERY) short story entry from aaasmodeus _at_ gmail.com is mine (aasmodeus.blogspot.com, with two a's). Blame Herge.

--Aas

Laziest Girl said...

Congrats on the house move - I know it's been weighing you down. Is the fence up yet for Mr B?

Becki said...

Yay for moving being done. Maybe I'll be inspired to unpack myself now.