June 28, 2005

Because I'm A Nerd...A Happy Nerd, But A Nerd Nonetheless

I already posted Trivial Tuesday, but I had more to talk about today. I just downloaded a new iTunes upgrade to version 4.9

iTunes 4.9 now has the ability to read RSS feeds and play podcasts. You can search, subscribe and listen to podcasts directly on iTunes or download them to your iPod. I am thrilled with this, because this is a great example of a company realizing that there is a use for their product that people would love, and the company went out and added functionality to their software for which they charge nothing.

Right now, I am listening to a podcast of last week's Science Friday. It's fun, it's educational (well, depending on what podcasts you subscribe to...sometimes it's just pointless) and it's free.

No, I did not receive any money for this post. I'm just very pleased with this upgrade.


Until later...

No comments: