April 30, 2005

Unclean! Unclean!

I thought about talking about this because it might offend some people, but some things just have to be discussed. You see, it seems that my readers have hygiene problems. At least, Google's AdSense seems to think so.

I added the Google ads to the site a couple of months ago, and the ads supposedly will be for things specifically targeted to the site. In theory, this would help me earn money each time someone clicks on the ad, but let's face reality: I did it because I could, because it was fun to play around with the template, and because it amused me, not because I thought I would actually make any money. Though to be fair, I believe I have earned a dollar so far. At the present rate, I should become a millionaire in slightly less than 140 thousand years. As usual, I have strayed from my original point, so I'll try to get back on task.

Recently, the headline for one of the ads Google was kind enough to provide read, "Do You Have A Fishy Vaginal Odor?" I'm not sure what I said that made the mysterious Google ad bot decide to ask this question (something about sniffing rotting fruit? That's the best I can guess.). I'm not sure who this ad was really intended to reach. I know it wasn't directed at me, you know, with me being a guy and all. I don't really know what the point was, but I think we've all been insulted.

I do know that if it comes up again, I'm going to change my settings to block that site's ads. There's just something disturbing about a computer asking such a personal question.

Just remember, if the ads offend you, don't blame me. Blame the ad bot.

Until later...

1 comment:

portuguesa nova said...

It's not easy being female.