April 25, 2005

Strange TV

While flipping through channels recently, I passed what had to be the strangest show ever. I saw two women working on crafts of some sort, while the host of show looked on. It turns out this is a show called Craft Corner Deathmatch. I suppose this may be like Iron Chef for the quilting circle, but I still felt that it was quite possibly the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. As we prepared to move on to the next channel, the audience began to chant, "Decoupage! Decoupage!"

I'd like to say that at this point I woke up or the drugs wore off or I realized that we were watching Saturday Night Live or Mad TV. Unfortunately, it was all real, and I was left sitting there speechless, hoping to find something on any other channel to remove this from my mind.

Until later...

2 comments:

Herge Smith said...

When you say Deathmatch, does the loser actually DIE?

That would be worth watching... 'oh no she's dropped the cross stitch, it's all over on tonights Knitting Deathmatch!'

Hmm

Craig said...

Sadly, I must admit that I let my readership down. I was completely unable to handle any further exposure to the show. As the Style website makes no mention of public executions, however, I can only assume that the term Deathmatch is hyperbole. Then again Muhammad Ali's daughter, Khaliah, is one of the judges. You'd think they'd get dear old dad to stop in and pound the loser from time to time.