April 24, 2005

StatCounter

I recently signed up for a StatCounter account. It allows me to look at several things about visitors to the site: How many people visit. How long they stay. Where they are from. If they follow a link from somewhere else. If they use a search engine to find the site.

For example, I found that today I had 40 different hits from people in England using various search engines to look up various forms of "alias used by directors wishing to disown a film." I don't know what was going on, but people really wanted to know that. Perhaps it was a trivia contest gone horribly wrong. Perhaps it was a strange internet scavenger hunt. I don't know why; all I know is that they needed the information.

So, if any of you are still out there and still want to know, the answer is Alan Smithee.

Hope that helps.

Until later...

No comments: