August 26, 2007

I Have The Power!

Well, we finally have power at the house again. After going through the fridge and freezers, it doesn't look like too much survived the past few days*. That's ok, because I have a computer, internet access, tv, phones that can actually be charged, lights, and many, many other things which run on electricity. It doesn't matter if I am going to use them all or not, the important thing is that if I want to, I can.

*And of course, since it was nature's fault and not that of the power company**, replacing all the food that has been damaged is my responsibility not theirs.

**Though, I would argue that the length of the outage is their fault. We saw two of their repair trucks go by today, and less than 30 minutes later, we had power. Why did I wait 3 days? I guess they don't owe any sort of service to us. It's not like we pay them way too much every month.

7 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Yay!

Matt said...

Man, that sucks. What a way to spend your weekend.

Poledra said...

So? how does the beard look now that you can see it? or can you see it now that you can see it? >.<

Esther said...

Woohoo! I can't imagine spending so many days without power, though when Hurricane Floyd came barreling through the Northeast in 1999, I was on my way to my parent's house for Yom Kippur and arrived at a house with no power. It went out Thursday and was turned back on Saturday afternoon.

Agent 31 said...

Amish no more!

And I'm sure the folks whose wifi you were stealing are pleased.

Itchy said...

Bunch of wusses. Try going a week and a day, then we'll talk. Yeah...

OK, fine. It sucks. But it is back and for that we are glad.

But, I will say this, your homeowners insurance may cover the food if you lost a lot of it. Like if you had a freezer full of steaks and lobsters and whatnot. Bacon. Corndogs. Important stuffs like that.

Cup said...

Ugh. The last time I suffered through a multi-day power outage, I'd gone to the grocery store the day before and spent $150 — much of which turned to mush and landed in my garbage.

Georgia Power still owes me for that.