August 14, 2007

I Don't Know How to Put This, But I'm Kind of a Big Deal

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were discussing the results of a recent survey (from Glamour Magazine or another similarly scientific journal) which discussed what women really want. They asked for women to complete the following sentence: "My perfect man would be ____."

The answers weren't all that surprising, but they certainly don't do anything to help build confidence in the normal guys out there. Just once, it would be nice to hear something praising the average guy (or more specifically, praising someone like me). I want to turn on the radio and hear that 47% of women finished that sentence with "a morbidly obese scientist who happens to run a blog on the side."

Is that really too much to ask? It would make me feel a lot better about myself, and in the grand scheme of things, it's much less insulting to women in general than the actual results in which 100% of the women surveyed essentially said "a wallet."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? They're giving away our girl club secrets AGAIN? Ehhhh. I hate those dumbass magazine quizzes and surveys.

...it's much less insulting to women in general than the actual results in which 100% of the women surveyed essentially said "a wallet."

Wordy word WORD.

Agent 31 said...

These studies can be stopped immediately. Here's the bottom line...

Men want naked women who worship them and are essentially mute when it comes to matters that don't concern them.

Women want a pile of cash with a giant penis, a security system and the desire to listen.

Of course that's not entirely complete or fair because its built from stereotypes and you're going to find a lot of people that don't actually feel that way, but add up all the responses and those are your aggregates.

Anonymous said...

Maine! I don't think that's true. I don't think it's even true most of the time! That's not true is it? Tell me it isn't true!

But seriously. . .that is not true.

Itchy said...

These studies always piss me off. For it does spread the ignorant belief that women want nothing more than a man who can financially support them for their entire lives. Apparently I'm supposed to want a man with a huge penis that is built like Christian Bale in Batman Begins and will sit around and be sensitive and buy me whatever my heart desires.

Nope. I want intelligent conversation. I want someone that can make me laugh. I've had sex dreams about Seth Rogan and Jerry Seinfeld!

When I married my husband, we didn't have crap in the way of cash. No stability. No emergency fund. No trust fund that will kick in after a year. Nothing. So there are some of us that aren't taking part in these stupid assed studies.