August 23, 2007

Stormy Weather Pt. 2

I just got our first update on power restoration from the electric company (didn't get to speak to Morgan Freeman though). They are currently estimating our power will be restored on August 25th, 2007 at 4:00. Ah yes, there's nothing like rapid service. I guess I should just be glad that they included 2007 in the date so I don't have to wonder if they'll get to me this year.

Friday AM update: They now claim power will be restored by August 26th, 2007 11:59 PM. Will someone do me a favor and tell them that I hate them.

5 comments:

Poledra said...

Wow! I think you actually rate a Hurricane Badge. Shall I send you my stock of MRE's? Surprise in every pack - and that doens't count the gastric attack... =P

Agent 31 said...

Been through it. Sucks. You've got to be careful with the tap water since the treatment centers might have been knocked out.

Churn some butter for me, Brother Craig.

srah said...

My guess is that it will be up well before then, but that they overshoot the estimate so that people will be like "Oh Electric Company! You are so good! You fixed my power long before you said you would! Now I love you passionately and forgive you for what little time it did take!"

That is also why the sign on my office door says I will be back from lunch at 1:15 when, in fact, I am hiding in here eating microwaved pizza and planning to emerge at 1pm. "Oh Sarah! You are available! I thought I would have to wait another 15 minutes! Hurray!"

MC Etcher said...

Good luck dude! I hope they get the power on soon!

Craig said...

Elder sis,

No, no MREs were needed. We had ready access to the rest of town which still had power. This meant we ate a lot of McDonald's. I guess basically, that means it was about the same as an MRE including the gastric after effects.

Maine,

Fortunately, water was no issue. They all had power, we just drew the short straw this time. Also, making butter without power involves exercise or something close to it. I decided to pass on that.

Srah,

Nope, unlike you, they don't have any need to make people feel pleasantly surprised. What am I going to do, go to the other power company?

MC E,

Thanks. All is well now, and I'm much less grouchy.