March 07, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

Let's go back to the Oscars for our trivia this week. Writer/Director Paul Haggis is experiencing great success with this year's Best Picture, Crash. Before becoming an Oscar winner, Haggis wrote scripts for television, including writing for the series "Diff'rent Strokes", Walker Texas Ranger", "LA Law" and "thirtysomething".

However, Crash is not his first brush with Oscar gold. He previously received an Academy Award nomination for a screenplay, but did not win. What movie earned him that first nomination? As a bonus, what movie won the award?

Want to know how to play? Read the rules. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Update: Aurora managed to get here first but still couldn't come up with an answer in time to beat Invisible Lizard, who knew that Paul Haggis wrote Million Dollar Baby, which was nominated for but lost Best Adapted Screenplay to Sideways last year.

4 comments:

Becki said...

I'm excited that I'm here before anybody else. I finally have my chance to swoop in before Invisible Lizard and reign triumphant. Except that I have no idea what the answer is.

Matt said...

And I was out to dinner with the wife until just now, so you TOTALLY had a chance to say that he wrote Million Dollar Baby. And I believe it lost to Sideways.

Craig said...

Aurora, maybe you didn't win this time, but it's still nice to have you back.

Becki said...

Thanks! And next week I'm all over it! I've been thinking of new trivia questions for the other site too...=)