March 01, 2006

Hi Principal Skinner! Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!

I realized earlier today that for the second time in recent weeks, I have dressed myself for work without really paying that much attention to what I'm doing. Sure, I don't look like I think about how I'm dressed most of the time anyway, but I at least stop to think about it. Recently, whether I'm getting dressed before I'm completely awake, losing my ability to focus or turning into an idiot (thus the Ralph Wiggums quote in the title), I've been having issues.

Today, I was walking along the hallway and noticed that my shoes were very squeaky. I can't stand it when my shoes squeak. It's an annoying noise, and, as self-conscious as I am, it makes me absolutely certain that everyone is watching me and thinking unkind things. I was walking along worrying about the squeaky shoes, when I suddenly realized that the shoes I was wearing today aren't the ones that squeak.

I looked down and saw what I was wearing: White shirt, black pants, black belt, black socks, brown shoes...D'oh. (Last time it was a similar scenario, but it was the belt that was brown) There really wasn't much I could do about it, unless I felt like going home to change shoes. More than likely, no one noticed. If anyone did they probably didn't really even think anything of it. If only realizations like that would somehow make me worry less about this type of thing.

Until later...

No comments: