February 10, 2005

Abeus Corpus

Every once in a while, I come across a web site that makes me laugh out loud. When that does happen, I feel compelled to share. Today's post is one of those times.

We've all heard them. Many of us know someone with one. Maybe even a few of us have been burdened with one ourselves. They are bad names. The maddening monikers given to children by parents who are overly creative, hyper-individualistic or just plain nuts.

I have been to this site many times, and I always feel a little guilty laughing at the names. After a few bouts of uncontrollable laughter, I realize I'm not laughing at the children, I'm laughing at their crazy parents, and the guilt fades a little.

There are many absurd names to choose from and so much hysterical commentary on the names. It makes it hard to pick a favorite, so I have a few. Oleo, Cinsere, any of the many names referring to the place of conception (because what kid doesn't want to think about that every day for the rest of his life) and Abeus. My one disappointment with Abeus is that the commentary did not contain what I considered the most obvious joke (see title of today's post).

Before I send you off, a word of warning: Do not drink anything while reading this site. You don't want to clean it off your monitor. Actually, you might want to stop at the bathroom too; especially if you are one of the people needing this shirt.

Now head over to Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing.

Until later...

No comments: