December 09, 2005

Trip, Interrupted

As I have alluded to in previous posts, we are going to be out of town soon. In fact, we're leaving today. At least, that was the plan. We were supposed to be leaving early this morning so that the 12 or so hours of driving to visit my family will not have us arriving in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, Mother Nature (or Momma Nat as those of us on such good terms with her like to call her) had other plans. We already had snow on the ground here. It had been snowing on and off for a week or more. Last night, we had even more snow dumped on top of what was already there. When I got up, I looked outside and declared that it wasn't that bad out. Then I stepped outside.

Looking down and realizing that I could no longer see my feet, or my ankles, or anything to about halfway to my knees, I decided that perhaps this might be a problem. Cursing the fact that I don't have a snow blower, I trudged to the garage and broke out the shovel. Of course, if I ever figure out how to get my car from the garage to the street, we're still at the mercy of the snow plows. With any luck, they will have finished up plowing and the roads will be clear by the time we get going. Unfortunately, we'll still probably end up arriving much later than intended.

Now, if you'll excuse me I've got to shovel more snow.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Good luck. I hope you have snow tires or chains...shut up, we don't have snow here. How am I supposed to know what you need?

MC Etcher said...

Ugh. I have been there and done that.

With luck, I'll never have to shovel snow ever again.

(No snowblower??????)