December 30, 2005

Musings on Television

Just a few thoughts while searching for something worth watching.

1. I tried giving the show Numbers a try a couple of times. If you aren't familiar with it, it centers on an FBI agent who gets help solving crimes from his brother, the brilliant mathmetician. Any show so nerd-freindly deserved at least a chance. Unfortunately, the show stinks. It's only mildly interesting, the characters are annoying and the attempts at including science and math add nothing and feel forced.

2. I can't believe that we can now get Saved By The Bell on DVD, but there are no DVDs of Iron Chef. If there was ever a show that needed to be released on DVD, that is it.

3. I really can't stand the Smuckers guy. You know who I mean. He's been narrating the commercials for Smuckers jams for years. When I'm at the grocery store looking for jam (or jelly or preserves), I see the Smuckers jars and immediately think of him saying "With a name like Smuckerssshhh, it has to be good." and if there is any other option, I immediately move on to the next brand. I have a feeling that's not the result they're going for.

4. America's Funniest Videos is on television about 20 of the 24 hours in the day. At any point, you can flip through the channels and find it. It's on so much that I don't even know if it's all syndication or if they are still making new episodes.

5. They might as well rename America's Funniest Videos "Stupid People Injuring Themselves, Cute Animals and Guys Getting Hit In The Groin."

6. There was never a good host of AFV, but Bob Saget may be the reason the mute button was invented.

Until later...

1 comment:

MC Etcher said...

Speaking of Smuckers, that makes me think of Welches Grape Juice and the thoroughly creepy little kids they use in their commercials.

They are of the Devil, I tell you.