December 30, 2005

By The Power of Grayskull!

You know how sometimes you say something and then realize that maybe, just maybe, you should have kept that thought internal? Yeah, neither do I. However, if anything like that did ever happen to me it probably would have gone something like this:

A group of us were sitting around in the snack bar at work during break recently. It was early in the morning, so people were drinking coffee and tea, eating typical breakfast fare. This, of course, means I was drinking a Diet Mountain Dew. As we sat there talking, the subject of peculiar middle names came up, and people tossed out their favorites. Eventually, a coworker said that she once knew a girl whose middle name was Sheera. This correct response was to nod, perhaps give an affirmative "hmm" sound and allow the conversation to move on to the next person with a name to share. Unfortunately, this is not at all how it went. She said "Sheera." My brain said "She-Ra." Then I said (aloud, mind you), "She-Ra! As in 'Princess of Power'?!?!?!" As I looked around the table, I realized that I had indeed said this and said it loudly. There were odd looks from everyone, until finally one person began to laugh. Please, as if they weren't fans of Masters of the Universe as kids, too.

Like I said, nothing like that ever really happens to me. I'm glad, too, because if it did happen, it might end up being pretty embarrassing.

Until later...

5 comments:

MC Etcher said...

I would have said the same thing! You'd be a cool co-worker!

Becki said...

That totally would have been my reaction, too. I also own a She-Ra shirt. Or at least I used to, before Aurora jacked it from me.

And, umm, PrincessOfPower is one of my screen names.

Melissa said...

Sadly, most of them probably had no idea who She-Ra was, thus the blank stares. 80's babies!

Esther said...

I would have said the same thing. Or at least thought it. She-ra and He-man were the best!

Anonymous said...

dude, they weren't looking at you funny because you mentioned She-Ra... they were looking at you funny because everybody knows Teela was the "babe" of the He-Man Universe.