December 27, 2005

There's The Ground. There's The Ground, Monty

The weather has taken a turn for the better. We had snow on Thanksgiving day, which melted after a day or two, followed by snow again shortly after that the remained on the ground getting covered by layer after layer of new snow. The temperature stayed low and the snow remained. Finally, just before Christmas we had a bit of a warm up. On Christmas Eve the temperature stayed above freezing, and it began raining, helping to melt down much of the snow still on the ground.

Before enough of the snow melted, the temperature dropped back down and it began snowing on Christmas day. Since then, however, we have had a couple of quite warm (relatively speaking) days in a row and a little more rain. The ground is visible again in many spots reminding me that, yes, there is a lawn that will need cutting under there. For now, I'm too pleased with the slightly warmer weather to be bothered by the lawn. Besides, all the fog from the melting snow and ice hides it well.

In celebration of our mini-thaw, please go back and read the title of this post in your best Eddie Murphy impersonation. "I, I, I, I, I, I, I...want the knife...Please..."

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

If ever a movie needed a sequel, it's The Golden Child.

Hear hear!

Laziest Girl said...

Remember how I promised to listen to you bitch and moan about the snow? It was 35 degrees here on Christmas Day. 35 degrees and you know I'm talking celcius.

Craig said...

In the spirit of our reciprocity agreement, that really does suck. However, I would like to point out once again that it's just simply wrong to have Christmas in summer. All the carols are wrong, and it has to wreak havoc on Santa's reindeer.