October 05, 2006

They Take Their Football Seriously in The South...Apparently Their Video Games, Too

Today, I present to you a link to a news story from my old hometown. I will now use this as evidence when disagreeing with anyone who says that my attitude toward college football is unhealthy.

The best part of this story? That the sheriff (the same sheriff as when I lived there over 12 years ago) used the phrase "I wouldn't have bet a plugged nickel" when describing the victim's chances of survival.

I'll avoid challenging anyone on the PS2 when we go down there next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They print the addresses of the victim and suspect???

Craig said...

They might as well. In a town that size, if you don't know the people involved, you at least know someone who does. There no such thing as six degrees of separation in Athens. It's two degrees, three degrees, max.

Anonymous said...

Here in Athens it's,"Honey, who were your grandparents." Roots run deep and connections are close. You can say whatever you want about someone as long as you start it with "Bless his heart".