October 12, 2006

October Surprise

I woke up this morning and let the dogs out, only to find this out there. (Actually, this picture is from later, after the car had been warming up. Can't find the earlier picture.)



Oct12_002



No, it isn't a lot of snow, but the point is that it's the first snow of the year. It's already starting. After taking this picture, I went inside an hit Melissa with the first snowball of the year, which was about the size of a peanut M&M.

I guess I should jut be glad I don't live in the U.P. where they were predicting a foot or two last night.

On a different subject, as much as I liked the season premiere of Lost, last night's episode was even better.


Noon Update: Snowing harder now. It's not really sticking, but it's snowing hard and blowing around, making it awfully hard to see to drive.

Next Day Update: Total of 4 inches of snow. It's not even Halloween yet, much less Christmas, and it's already beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Ugh, far too early for snow, that stinks!

Matt said...

Yuck. I SO don't miss the mid-west.

Anonymous said...

They got a buttload of snow an hour south of my home as well. The border was closed and flights were cancelled. Craziness!