January 24, 2006

What Conversations Are Like at My House

The Set-up: The television is on, and we flip past Family Guy on the Cartoon Network. FG is parodying the Gene Wilder version of Willy Wonka. Peter Griffin has just found the last silver scroll entitling him to a tour of a brewery.

Man on TV: Run home, Peter. Run as fast as you can.

MK: Was that his name?

CK: What?

MK: In the movie, was that his name? Was he named Peter?

CK: In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

MK: Yeah.

CK: You're asking me if that was the name of the main character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

MK: Ohhhhhhhh, riiiiiiight. Never mind.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I was going to suggest a theory that in the new version, the boy who played Charlie also played Peter in that Neverland movie, but it was too much of a stretch.

So instead I tell you that I decided not to suggest that, after going into some detail.

MC Etcher said...

Oh, we all have brain farts sometimes. It happens.

Melissa said...

Yes, I am actually blonde.