January 12, 2006

Breaking News: Fount of Useless Information Makes Mistake, Admits It

I decided I'd share this story with you since I really needed to change subjects around here. I was beginning to run the risk of becoming a mommy blogger, only with dogs and a Y chromosome.

I was wrong about something yesterday. I know you may find this hard to believe, and you may find it even harder to believe that I'm admitting it, but it's true. I was wrong. Fortunately, I wasn't alone.

Let me set the scene for you. It wasn't time for Lost to start yet, so we were sitting around watching "I Love The 80's 3D" (but without 3D glasses so, it was really "I Love The 80's 2D", which differs from "I Love The 80's" and "I Love The 80's Strikes Back" in its use of stupid looking animations that would be 3D if I had the glasses, but instead just annoy me.), and the subject was Sally Field's Oscar acceptance speech for Place in The Heart. You know the one: "You like me. You really like me." While I was doing my thing and correcting the television and stating that she actually said "I can't deny that you like me...right now, you like me," up popped Dom DeLuise to give his take on the whole situation. (Dom DeLuise? Huh? Kinda random, isn't it?)

As almost the exact same words were coming out of my mouth, MK exclaimed, "Wait a minute. Isn't he dead?" "I certainly thought so," I replied. So, off to IMDB we went to find his biography. There we learned that no, he is decidely not dead. Which is fortunate, because I'm sure having a zombie offering commentary on pop culture would have caused problems once he started eating the brains of the other commentators. "Wow," MK said looking at the bio in bewilderment, "I would have bet money that he was dead if someone asked me to." I agreed and sat back to watch more, but struggled with the fact that I was wrong, actually wrong.

Anyway, it turns out it was all just a big misunderstanding. He's not actually dead. Just his career.

Until later...

No comments: