October 04, 2005

Trivial Tuesday

Let's try something new for Trivial Tuesday this week. Actually it's not new, I'm stealing it from Mikey at Hey, Freak!

The basic premise here is simple. I will post lyrics to songs on my hard drive (I'm going with 5 of them) and you post the titles of as many of the songs as you can in the comments section. Easy, right? Let's find out.

1. Let's turn forever you and me, Windmill, windmill for the land, is everybody in?

2. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to lie. So this is goodbye...this is goodbye.

3. And now you tell me that you're having my baby. I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to.

4. Good friends we have, good friends we've lost, along the way. In this great future, you can't forget your past. So, dry your tears, I say.

5. Never meant to make your daughter cry. I apologize a trillion times.

Have fun.

Update: Congrats to all who got answers right. The correct answers are

1. Feel Good Inc., Gorillaz

2. Porcelain, Moby

3. Everything She Wants, Wham

4. No Woman No Cry, Bob Marley

5. Ms. Jackson, OutKast

9 comments:

Matt said...

How sad is it that the only one I know is the George Michael song? But at least I don't remember what it's called.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. All I know is the Wham song...but that's because it's from my generation.


MH_Middlechild

Tiffany said...

1. Feel Good Inc., by the Gorillas
2. Teacher (? not sure of the title), George Michael
3. I should know this one, but can't come up with the title
4. No idea
5. Ms. Jackson, Outcast

Craig said...

Ok, let's go with a bit of an update here:

IL, Dude, not George Michael. Wham! Much cooler, in a weird 80's way.

MH, There we go. Yes, #3 is Wham!, but what is the song?

Tiffany, Yes to Feel Good Inc. and Ms. Jackson. The teacher song w/ George Michael is One More Try. Unfortunately, that's not correct.

I am saddened that no one has ventured a guess on #4 yet.

Anonymous said...

#4 is "No Woman, No Cry" by Bob Marley.

Becki said...

The only ones I knew were #1 and #5 and I wasn't too sure about #1. Man, I'm lame.

Anonymous said...

Wham-Everything she wants?


I've been singing it today and that's what i think it's called.

MH Middlechild

Craig said...

Jeni: #4 is No Woman, No Cry. How did no one else figure out Bob Marley? It's Bob Marley.

MH: Yes, #3 is Everything She Wants by Wham!

Becki: Fortunately, your lameness/non-lameness is not dependant on knowing these songs. I'll not reveal which side of the lame/not argument I'm on.


#2 is still unanswered. Anyone? Anyone?

Anonymous said...

Ok, CK dear - i'll give it a shot. It is a Moby song - I can't recall the title of it - but that is ur genre of music - i lean to rock not urban. It has to do with being nine years older than u - lol. So, someone will have to dig into their brains or the internet to figure the song title out....;0)