October 07, 2005

Dewey Defeats Truman (Contest Results)

Voting ended at the stroke of midnight last night. Or was it this morning? Regardless, as the clock struck twelve all the votes turned back into pumpkins and could no longer be accepted.

All votes have been collected, and results have been calculated. Using a complex system involving quadratic equations, Pi carried out to 300 digits, conversion to Roman numerals and back, and division by zero, the following results have been obtained. Are you ready?



Really? Are you sure?



Is the suspense getting to you yet?



Here are the winners.



Fiction:

Carte Blanche by MC Etcher

Non-Fiction:

Obsession by Vandamir Windrider


Thanks to everyone who voted, commented, and told random people about the competition, but most of all thanks to everyone who entered.

If I continue to be out of ideas, perhaps we'll do it (or something like it) again soon.

Until later...

5 comments:

M said...

Thanks. Well, at least I know that I got 1 vote. :-) mine. This was fun. Perhaps the next time you do this I will be better prepared and a hurricane won't be out in the gulf! :-)

MC Etcher said...

WOO HOO!!

:::Meatbolian Dance of Joy:::

Rowan said...

damn, I was too late to vote....sorry all

MC Etcher said...

Creating all those fake hotmail accounts and voting for myself fifty times really paid off!

:oP

pagan_mystic said...

Wow, I won. Not bad considering I didn't vote.

The sad thing is that all those conversations took place between my mom and I ...