October 31, 2005

By Popular Demand

To appease those clamoring for a bit of entertainment, I shall regale you with stories of my current adventures. I am currently in New Mexico, exploring the countryside and searching for evidence of La Llorona. Below are excerpts from the ghost hunting diary I have been keeping.

Day 1. We searched along the Rio Grande for the Weeping Woman, with little success. Perhaps if I expanded the search to areas other than restaurants offering green chile, there might be more to find.

Day 2. Still no sign of La Llorona. Perhaps she has finally found her children and found rest. We passed an area where cattle graze and found a cow laying on the ground, exsanguinated. Nearby, we found this creature, who took off shortly after we obtained the picture. Could it be El Chupacabras? That is not the purpose of this expedition, so we shall leave it for another to explore.

Day 3. My companions are growing weary of the search. We ended up speaking crossly, and I told them that if they wanted to turn back, I would go on my own.

Day 4. I awoke today to find that I am alone. My companions must have left during the night. Strangely, they did not take any of their belongings.

Day 6. I have not slept in two days. Something has spent each night wailing outside of my camp. Is it La Llorona? Why does she torment me so? I only wished to tell her story to the world.

Day 7. Today, she rolled a large rock down one of the cliffs toward me. I was able to get out of the way fast enough to save my life, but not to save my equipment. All of my gear has been destroyed, except for this laptop and the mysterious wireless internet connection that enables me to keep posting my journal.

Day 10. I have no food and no water. My clothing has been reduced to rags. I found my former companions yesterday, but they were not able to continue on with me. I do not think they will not be going anywhere again.

Day 11. I seems that I have not found La Llorona. I finally got a look at the apparition that has been chasing me. It is the hideous beast I mistook for El Chupacabras before, and the only noise it makes is a horrifying scream that prickles the skin on the back or your neck. I do not know who or what he is, but he does not want me here.

Day 13. This will certainly be the last entry; I can run no longer. If anyone finds this, please tell my story.

That sounds much more interesting than just saying that I am in New Mexico visiting my in-laws, doesn't it? I'll try to post some pictures of what's actually going on once I have a bit more time.

Until later...

No comments: