March 23, 2005

The World's Most Inappropriate Toy?

Ok, I know technically this is a collectible not a toy, but it is a 12 inch tall action figure in my book. I'm not sure what is funnier: that it says a total of 12 phrases (including 3 exclusive for the "Foul-Mouthed" Limited Edition) or that it comes with a "Pimp" necklace and "wad of faux $20.00 cash bills." I suppose he does need those, since one of the pieces of advice mini-Tony will impart is that "This country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." Aside from the insanity of it all, I am left with the question of how one can create a talking Tony Montana and include "Uh-oh!" as one of the phrases it can say, but leave out "Say hello to my little friend!"

Two final thoughts on Scarface:

1.) If you are ever looking for a movie that epitomizes "80's Soundtrack Syndrome" this is it. I don't think there has ever been a score more dependent on synthesizers.

2.) Scarface also always reminds me of the odd fascination so many of the people on MTV's "Cribs" have with the movie and with Tony Montana. Unfortunately, it's late and this probably deserves its own post anyway, so any further discussion will have to wait for a later date.

Until later...

No comments: