February 12, 2007

You Know What I Blame This On The Breakdown Of? Society.

When I came in to work this morning, I noticed that, as if to prove my point about the inability to park after snow, someone had parked in what what certainly not a parking spot. I don't mean that they had parked in a couple of spots or were hanging out into the row everyone has to drive on to find a parking spot. This person had literally parked in the middle of the driving lane as if it were an entirely new row of parking which only they knew about. You know what, this will work better if I draw it out for you (See Fig 1.). Be prepared to be impressed by my artistic skill set.




Figure 1. Click to Enlarge




Notes on Figure 1: There are not that many empty spaces. I just grew tired of Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Also, yes some of the cars being partially over the lines was done intentionally. I am a bad artist, but that part was done to represent that no one else parks very well either.



Seriously, what is wrong with someone that they would think it's ok to park there. Did all of the other cars parked normally not give them some sort of clue? If there was some sort of problem with the car, and it just died right there, you'd think they would have had it removed. Then again, you'd think if it was parked there because someone was incompetent, it would be removed as well. Either way, it's still sitting right there laughing and scoffing at our "rules" and our fascist system of parking spaces.

3 comments:

Anita said...

My sides hurt from laughing so hard at this post!! I love your drawing and I love the blatant disobedience of order demonstrated by the car parker! What a rebel! What an iconoclast! What an idiot! I am just as perplexed as you as to why that could happen but I am SURE there is a good explanation.

Also, lol at the bad parking. It's really bad here, too, because they make spots ultra small but the cars are ultra big. grrrr.

Jen said...

{delurking, because this is such an important topic}

The parking lot where I work? Even smaller - only two rows of cars. Yet I saw the very same thing this morning. Even worse? It seems that people forgot that the yellow lines run perpendicular to the curb. So take some of the cars in your drawing and skew them at random angles. That's what our lot was like this morning.

MC Etcher said...

The only way I could possibly justify how they parked is if the parking lot was covered in ice and snow, they couldn't see the lines, parked as best they could, and then the snow melted.

But I'm sure you would have mentioned that.