August 01, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

Did you know that on this date in 1981, MTV played its very first video? I won't ask you what that first video was (though I'm guessing most of you know). I won't even ask you what the second video was (though I'm guessing that at least some of you know that too). What I will ask you today is to name the five original VJs on MTV.

Post your answers in the comments section. If you don't know them all, give it a try anyway. The person with the most names will be the winner.

Congratulations to Danielle who named off all five of the original group. Bragging rights are yours for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be the winner. Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood, J.J. Jackson, Martha Quinn, Mark Goodman. What I've also discovered from watching some of the first 24 hours of MTV (on VH1 Classic - sigh) is that most of the early video rotation consisted of Rod Stewart, The Pretenders and REO Speedwagon. Because I only saw about forty thousand of their videos. Each.