December 16, 2006

Holiday Writing Contest

After my earlier post about seeing dolphin Christmas decorations, I realized a couple of things. (1) The Christmas dolphin needs a name, and (2) it needs a good story.

A name, I can come up with. I've settled on Boto, the Christmas Dolphin. A story on the other hand...that takes a little more effort. Rather than exerting all that effort myself, I thought perhaps I would turn to the resources that provided such good fiction in the past. That's right, I'm asking all of you to give me a story for Boto the Christmas Dolphin. The contest will work much like the one held last year: You send me your stories here. I will post them and then ask everyone to vote for them.

For more information, check out this site.

Assuming we get plenty of entries, this should be lots of fun. If I don't get enough entries...well, I'll never speak to you again.

By the way, bonus points for anyone who knows where the dolphin's name came from.

Update: Ok, since I didn't nag all of you enough and I didn't get many entries, I'm making this a sticky entry and extending the deadline until Friday December 15th. That's an extra week. Please don't make me decide that I hate you all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

dhptvm..boto=boy of the ocean? Is he related to flicka, a long lost cousin perhaps? Lets see,Boto finds
Santa and his sleigh stuck in some coral reef after dropping off some goodies to the stranded folks on "Lost". Boto soon realizes that these stranded folks will quickly turn on Santa so with Boto's quick thinking he uses his fins to cause enough waves to free Santa from the coral...Boto saves Christmas !

pagan_mystic said...

I'll send you a story just as soon as I finish my 50k words for NaNoWriMo. Can't promise it'll be good because I've been using a lot of creative energy this month!

Anonymous said...

Well I found a few references to what a boto dolphin was, one of which is from a children's book, "Racing the Wind (Dolphin Diaries) (Paperback)" and of course the real boto dolphin lives in the amazon rivers.

Hmm, now to write that story. How long does it have to be?

MC Etcher said...

An extension, oh thank god! Thank you Mr Editor Sir!

Anonymous said...

I'm on it!

Anonymous said...

Great Article! Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author! I like articles like this, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

nice blog!

Anonymous said...

nice blog!Nice information

Anonymous said...

:-) ochen\' zaebatyj blog!

Anonymous said...

soglasen s vami ochen\' zaebatyj blog!