April 10, 2006

No Time for Blogging Dr. Jones

I figure if they can reference Temple of Doom on last night's Simpsons episode, I can too.

I'm sorry I'm not updating much, but I haven't had too much time recently. I've read other blogs and thought that I should comment on that when I have time to write something intelligent, but then I never have time to go back. I'm not sure why I'd want to start making my comments intelligent now, since I never have before.

I enjoy listening to Matisyahu. I don't know how many of you are familiar with him or not, but I bought his album, "Youth," recently and have been playing it a lot since then. Besides, how often do you get to hear music from a Hasidic Jewish reggae artist?

I'm guessing that the person writing this headline either has no proof reading skills or was approximately twelve years old.

There we a few comments on last week's Trivial Tuesday about X3, the departure of Singer and changing expectations. My thoughts on the subject: I would really much rather have Singer helming X3 than Ratner. Singer has shown he has the ability to take these characters and make them people you care about. Ratner has...made the two Rush Hour movies. Characters in X3: I'm not so sure about Angel either, but I guess we'll have to see what they do with him. Then again, I could do without Storm. She has just never been a character I really liked. I have to admit that I'm one of the people who would like to see Gambit in the X movies. I know, I know. A lot of people hate him, but I think he's someone who translates well to the big screen and brings an interesting personality to the mix. Speaking of the mix of personalities, this brings me to the biggest reason I'm disappointed Singer left: X3 takes the ability to balance all the different personalities and not make any one part too large. Singer did that well-even better in the second film than the first. He left to do Superman. I'm sure I'll go see it, but I just can't be excited about a Superman movie. He's too one-dimensional and too close to invulnerable. The movie revolves around one guy instead of a group, and he's too flat of a character to carry everything. I guess we'll see what they do with it, but even Donner's Superman had some of these problems. Excited, nervous, it doesn't matter. I'll be going to see both the Big Blue Boy Scout and X3 as soon as I can when they come out.

Alright, that's all you're getting today folks...

4 comments:

Esther said...

I'm also really excited for X3, though I didn't know they'd switched directors. Hopefully it won't make for a worse movie, though I'll be in the theater front and center regardless.

thordora said...

I freaking HATE Superman, and Spiderman. I can't stand characters who seem so bloody... GOOD.

I wish Halle Berry would go away. I always wanted Angela Bassett for that role anyway. I mean really, last time I checked, Storm wasn't short or annoying, both of which she seems to be.

I'm on the fence about Beast, who is one of my favorite characters. And rumor had it that Psylocke would be one of the characters, but I'm worried about that. Anymore, seems like they're cramming, and I preferred the rather linear line of the first two. Singer respected the origins as comics, and kept the story simplified.

In short, I'm scared. I'll go see Superman because Kevin Spacey is in it, but I'll hate it. I just don't want the Xmen to turn into the Star Trek series of our time...

Mike said...

Who are these people that hate Gambit?! He is definitly my favorite x-man of all-time. I was super mad when I heard that hes not in this one. I have faith that the director change won't wreck the franchise too much. My only beef after seeing the preview is that Juggernaut is too small, but I think I can overlook that.

I with you on Superman too, hes just way too powerful to be any fun.

Laziest Girl said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm thinking about you even if I'm not reading very often!