February 14, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

In the oft-quoted movie, The Princess Bride, the character of Vizzini was played by Wallace Shawn. He has been in many movies and is easily recognizable, but what about his voice? How easily would you recognize that.

Wallace Shawn has done voiceover work in many films and television shows. Among his many credits are three animated films by Pixar. Name those three movies and as a bonus tell me the voices he provided.

Sure you could cheat and look it up on IMDB, but you're above that aren't you?

Comment. Answer. Win. Rejoice.

Update: Congrats to Becki, who remembered that he was in The Incredibles, Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

The bonus answers were provided by Invisible Lizard who told us that he was the voice fo Rex, the Green Dinosaur, in Toy Story 1 & 2, and by MC Etcher who knew that in The Incredibles, Wallace Shawn provided the voice of Mr. Incredibles boss.

As a complete aside, he also appears in Monsters, Inc. as Rex the Green Dinosaur, but only in the outtakes, so that didn't count for this question.

For those of you who haven't seen The Princess Bride or the Toy Story movies (Maine, I'm talking to you), stop wasting your time and go watch them. There may not be a lot of explosions, but they are more than worth your time.

8 comments:

Becki said...

I'm not sure if they're Pixar, but didn't he do The Incredibles and both of the Toy Story movies?

Matt said...

I know he played the voice of the toy dinosaur in the two Toy Story movies, but I don't know about The Incredibles.

Agent 31 said...

I've never seen the Princess Bride or Toy Story. I have no idea who this man is.

MC Etcher said...

In 'The Incredibles', he was the voice of Mr. Incredible's boss at the insurance company.

Anonymous said...

I'll admit it. I've only seen The Princess Bride once. And, while I thought it was cute and funny, I didn't think it was that funny.

Toy Story? Never seen it. Not because I didn't want to; I just have never gotten around to it.

M said...

He also played the priest who gave the lust sermon before the co-ed dance in "Heaven Help Us"; great movie!

Esther said...

Ok, WHO ARE these people who haven't seen The Princess Bride and Toy Story? I demand you go and rent them asap.

Anonymous said...

INCONCEIVABLE!

As I am sitting here in my Ingo Montoya T shirt...I have run inot a plethora of people who have said, No never seen it....

What's wrong with them? If TNT can run 24 hours of A Christmas Story, what about equal time for the Princess Bride?

Or So I Married An Axe Murderer...