February 20, 2006

Hard Knock Life

Dear Kitchen Cabinets,

You really are quite useful. We put things in you, and you are nice enough to hold them until we need them again. I can even trust you with my precious supply of chocolate and know that you won't eat it before I need to cook with it. You do a lot of good things, and that's why it's so hard for me to say this, but it has to be said.

Could you please be closed? I know most people can walk right under you, so it usually doesn't matter if your doors are wide open. Unfortunately, the corners of your doors happen to be pretty much at head level for me. When I walk into the kitchen, I am often blindsided by a door and end up staggering around, checking to see if there is blood pouring from my scalp. While I'm sure it doesn't exactly feel great for you either, it really is quite painful for me. If you could do your best to keep your doors shut in the future, your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Remember, it's all fun and games until somebody has to go to the ER with a closed head injury.

Thanks for your time,

The unconscious guy on the floor

2 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Ah CK - what would I do without you to make me laugh?

PS: hope your head is ok.

April said...

Not really related to your post today, but I had to tell you that this comment of yours on Maine's site:

"Weed is not a gateway drug. It's a Dell drug. (This would be much more amusing if other people besides me remember that the "Dude you're getting a Dell" guy was dropped by Dell after getting busted for marijuana possession.)"

PRICELESS!!!!! I love it and I'm still pissing in my pants!